S3 Browser (Windows)
S3 Browser is a freeware Windows client for Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront. Below you will a step-by-step guide on how to access your data using S3 Browser. You can download S3 Browers on their official website: www.s3browser.com
Step 1: Open the S3 Browser app When you open the app for the first time the "Add new account" wizard will open automatically, if it doesn't you can add a new account from the "account" menu.
Step 2: Configure a new account using the “Add new account” wizard
Using the "Add New Account" wizard
- Display name: an easy-to-remember name for this connection. Eg: DataCamp Data Connector
- Account Type: Amazon S3 Storage
- Access Key ID: The “Access Key” from the Data Connector Settings
- Secret Access Key: The “Secret Password” from the Data Connector Settings
- Enable “Use secure transfer”
- Click “Add new account”
Step 3: S3 Browser will now try to connect to your S3 bucket but won’t have access to list all buckets. You will need to manually add an External Bucket. The application will prompt you to add an External Bucket now. Click “Yes” on the following dialog
Enter the “S3 Bucket Name” from the Data Connector Settings in the “Bucket name” field, and click “Add External bucket”.
Step 4: You have now successfully connected S3 Browser to your S3 bucket.